The Music Man
Who can audition: grades 9-12
Audition Form and Waiver Due Date: January 15
Auditions and Callbacks: January 17 from 3:45-6:30PM, January 18 from 3:45-7:30PM (you must attend both days) Cassingham Theater
Callbacks: January 20 3:45-7:30PM Cassingham Theater
(NOTE: There are no auditions on January 19 due to the band concert that evening.)
Interested in being considered for one of the children's roles? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Steps to audition:
1. Complete and submit the audition form by January 15, and read the Participation Guidelines. Fill out and turn in the Bexley City Schools COVID Activity Waiver
2. Students DO NOT need to memorize a poem or monologue in order to audition.
3. Students will be emailed their audition number on January 16
4. Attend auditions on Tues, Jan 17 from 3:45-6:30. Students will be acting parts from the script, learning some songs from the show, and learning a short dance.
5. Students choose an audition song from those learned. Practice the song and dance at home.
6. Attend auditions on Wed, Jan 18 from 3:45-7:30. Students will sing the song they chose and perform the dance.
7. Check this website on the Callback List on the night of Wed, Jan 18
8. Attend Callbacks on Fri, Jan 20 from 3:45-7:30 if name is on the list
9. Check this website on the Cast List page after callbacks.
10. If your name is on the Cast List, please go to the Canvas page you were automatically added to to see calendars and other important information.
What you need to prepare:
Students DO NOT need to prepare anything for auditions. You just need to turn in your audition form and COVID waiver by January 15.
Students should wear clothing and shoes that are comfortable to dance and move in. This audition has the same structure as the auditions for Bexley Middle School and Elementary School musicals.
Callbacks are a time when the director can see specific students read for specific roles and get a better understanding of where he/she fits into the cast. Simply because a student is on the callback list does not necessarily mean he or she will earn a part. Also, if a student is not on the callback list, that doesn't necessarily mean he or she has been cut. Only students listed on the callback list should attend callbacks. You can find the callback list on the callback page. It may be that callbacks won't be necessary. In that case, the cast list will be posted after the second audition date.
The cast list will be posted after callbacks on the Cast List page Look in the Music Man Canvas page to see the rehearsal calendar and obtain other information you need for cast and crew members.