Rehearsals will begin approximately on January 22, 2024.
Performance dates are April 11-13, 2024.
Who can audition: grades 9-12
Audition Form Due Date: January 14
Auditions and Callbacks: January 16 from 3:45-6:30PM, January 17 from 3:45-7:30PM (you must attend both days) Cassingham Theater
Callbacks: January 18 3:45-7:30PM Cassingham Theater
Steps to audition:
1. Complete and submit the audition form by January 14, and read the Participation Guidelines.
2. Students DO NOT need to memorize a poem or monologue in order to audition.
3. Students will be emailed their audition number and sides on January 15
4. Attend auditions on Tues, Jan 16 from 3:45-6:30. Students will be acting parts from the script, learning some songs from the show, and learning a short dance.
5. Students choose an audition song from those learned. Practice the song and dance at home.
6. Attend auditions on Wed, Jan 17 from 3:45-7:30. Students will sing the song they chose and perform the dance.
7. Check this website on the Callback List on the night of Wed, Jan 18
8. Attend Callbacks on Thurs, Jan 18 from 3:45-7:30 if name is on the list
9. Check this website on the Cast List page after callbacks.
10. If your name is on the Cast List, please go to the Canvas page you were automatically added to to see calendars and other important information.
What you need to prepare:
Students DO NOT need to prepare anything for auditions. You just need to turn in your audition form by January 14.
Students should wear clothing and shoes that are comfortable to dance and move in. This audition has the same structure as the auditions for Bexley Middle School and Elementary School musicals.
Callbacks are a time when the director can see specific students read for specific roles and get a better understanding of where he/she fits into the cast. Simply because a student is on the callback list does not necessarily mean he or she will earn a part. Also, if a student is not on the callback list, that doesn't necessarily mean he or she has been cut. Only students listed on the callback list should attend callbacks. You can find the callback list on the callback page. It may be that callbacks won't be necessary. In that case, the cast list will be posted after the second audition date.
The cast list will be posted after callbacks on the Cast List page Look in the Music Man Canvas page as well as check your email to see the rehearsal calendar and obtain other information you need for cast and crew members.