The Play That Goes Wrong and The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Who can audition: Grades 9-12
Audition Form and COVID Waiver Due Date: September 5
Auditions: Tuesday, September 6th and Wednesday 7th from 3:45-6:30PM in the Cassingham Theater
Callbacks: Thursday, September 8th from 5:00-7:30PM in the Cassingham Theater
NOTE: This audition is for BOTH shows: The Play That Goes Wrong, which is a small cast play in November, and The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, which is a small cast musical in January. Students DO NOT HAVE TO SING during auditions if they do not want to and can choose to only audition for non-singing roles.
Steps to audition:
1. Complete and submit the audition form and COVID Activity Waiver by Sept 5 and read the Participation Guidelines.
2. Students DO NOT need to memorize a monologue in order to audition
3. You will receive your audition number and confirmation through email on Sept 6
4. Attend auditions on Sept 6. Please wear clothing you can move in and plan to stay the entire time. At auditions, you will be reading parts from scripts from the play (sides), doing some movement exercises, and learning a few songs. On the second day, you will be singing songs you learned from the script.. PLEASE NOTE: the singing part of these auditions are NOT mandatory. You can choose to not sing and only audition for non-singing roles.
5. Check this website on the Callback List to know if you need to attend callbacks on Sept 8.
6. Check this website on the Cast List page after callbacks.
7. If your name is on the Cast List, please go to the Canvas page that students will automatically be added to to see the rehearsal calendar and receive important production information.
Please note, being on the callback list does not mean you have either been cut from the play or that the student has received a role. It simply means that the student needs further assessment.